Can't chill out

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Thanks Graham

Not happy about the situation on such a new car. For info they used a UV pen light to detect the leak as there is a dye in the a/c fluid which then glows to show them where the leak is when the U/V light shines on the area (needs to be dark to work).
They have agreed to supply a Mazda warranty loan car when mine goes in and we are discussing some possible compo ( extended warranty etc) - time will tell if this issue is generic to all the CX-3s manufactured the same time as mine. I hope not.

Kiwi

Graham

Post by Graham »

Hi Folks,

As promised here is the latest on my faulty air conditioning unit.

The dealership collected my car about 8:40 this morning for what I expected to be the whole day.
However, at 1:00 pm I got a phone call telling me the a/c was fixed and it was on the way back to me. :D

On arrival the driver told me that they had put a dye into the a/c and used a UV light to check for leaks, same as they did on Kiwi's car.
No leaks were found, so they decided to recharge the a/c with a different gas, which was at their Hyundai dealership.
After recharging, the a/c was working OK, and after a test drive to check, they brought it back to me.

The driver said that this different gas seems to solve a lot of problems with various makes of cars when they have a/c that isn't working right, providing it's not a faulty part.
Apparently Mitsubishi (they are dealers for that company as well) a/c units are having a lot of problems at the moment as well.

So an unexpected but pleasant turn of events. :) I didn't expect the car to be fixed today, at best I thought they might find the problem and then get round to fixing it at a later date.

Hopefully this is a permanent fix, but I suppose only time will tell if that's the case.
In the meantime I have working a/c again and it is still summer, although given the temperature today I'm hoping rockposer was wrong when he said summer had been and gone. ;)

Graham.
CX-3 Dynamic Blue SE-L 2.0l petrol manual.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Oh take no notice of old RP, he's nothing but a grumpy old man ;-)

Fingers crossed on the fix. No doubt you'll keep us updated.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Graham wrote:... they decided to recharge the a/c with a different gas, which was at their Hyundai dealership ...
... The driver said that this different gas seems to solve a lot of problems with various makes of cars when they have a/c that isn't working right ...
From what I've read on the Internet recently, it's illegal to re-gas an air conditioning system that was previously filled with R-1234yf with the older R-134a gas.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

New condenser ordered for mine today. Stock in Belgium, so will come from there to Mazda UK parts warehouse just off junction 18 of the M1 in Northamptonshire. My local dealer expecting delivery end of next week.
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Mazda UK not exactly rushing having it delivered then - 1 week from Belgium to the dealer seems rather sloooooooooooooooow
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Condenser arrived at dealer and car going in on Monday.
Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan.
Julian.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

anchorman wrote:Oh take no notice of old RP, he's nothing but a grumpy old man ;-)

Fingers crossed on the fix. No doubt you'll keep us updated.
I'm younger than you :D
Graham

Post by Graham »

Very disappointing to report that my a/c has stopped working again.

I noticed over the last couple of weeks that the chilled air went to cold air, went to cool air, and is now at outside temperature air.

Car is booked into the dealer on Wednesday, so will have to wait till then to find out what is happening.

I will certainly be mentioning the point jtonline made about it being illegal to change from one gas to another.

I'll let you know what happens.
CX-3 Dynamic Blue SE-L 2.0l petrol manual.
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Graham wrote:Very disappointing to report that my a/c has stopped working again.

I noticed over the last couple of weeks that the chilled air went to cold air, went to cool air, and is now at outside temperature air.

Car is booked into the dealer on Wednesday, so will have to wait till then to find out what is happening.

I will certainly be mentioning the point jtonline made about it being illegal to change from one gas to another.

I'll let you know what happens.

Good luck! Mine took from July to end of Sept to sort out, hope you get better service than I did and it's fixed pronto! Seems the compressors fail on the CX-3 and it's becoming a common problem. I complained to Mazda HQ when the dealer dragged their feet.