Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
MacDegsy

Post by MacDegsy »

I think "agitated" is a bit of an exaggeration. When you pay upwards of £20k for something, the least anyone should expect is for everything to work. #thatisall
MacDegsy
CX-3, petrol Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue

MacDegsy

Post by MacDegsy »

I think I've discovered the issue. The guide suggests it won't work when the Aircon is on, but what it doesn't clarify is that when the air distribution is set to the windscreen, even when AirCon is not on, it won't work. I moved mine back from Windscreen to Auto and I-Stop was Ready again.. And worked.
MacDegsy
CX-3, petrol Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The air conditioning system dehumidifies the air, so it's useful for defogging the windscreen. When the fan control dial is on, and the mode control dial is in the windscreen position, the air conditioner is automatically turned on. The outside air position is also automatically selected and i-stop is disabled.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TINO

Post by TINO »

On my cx-3 auto I have to push hard on the brake for I-stop to work, don't push hard enough and it does not work.
The middle of the road is a dangerous place, you have to take sides. :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That's how it's designed to work, so you can bring the car to a standstill temporarily at a road junction and keep the engine running.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

jtonline wrote:That's how it's designed to work, so you can bring the car to a standstill temporarily at a road junction and keep the engine running.
Yep.

Funny how some people moan it doesn't work while others moan they can't turn it off. Everyone wants something different from a car.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I think stop is brilliant. I do what JT says and judge whether to engage it by what is happening in front but I reckon nowt to leaving the engine idling when there is a convenient designed way of saving fuel.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I never used to use it in my Wife's company car but I use it all the time in mine and not had any issues.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I was in a Volvo the other day, the stop kicks in before the Volvo has stopped moving, it's a right mess at roundabouts.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Graham

Post by Graham »

The i-stop on my car has worked fine since day one.

It's just over 13 months since I got the car and I must say it keeps surprising me how much time the i-stop has been active.
It currently has been active for about 10 hours !
That is 10 hours of wasted fuel and engine wear I've saved.

On the downside though, that is 10 hours of my life (that I won't get back) that has been wasted sitting at traffic lights. ;(
CX-3 Dynamic Blue SE-L 2.0l petrol manual.