Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I noticed the iStop wasn't working on my car today when I stopped at a petrol station and it reminded me I hadn't noticed it working a few days ago. I checked the Fuel Economy Monitor once I got going and whilst the engine and A/c icons had a blue halo, the central battery one didn't. After about a 15 mile drive the halo returned and iStop worked when I next stopped at home. Guess it is something to do with the cold weather now and the fact the car isn't used daily.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I've got a proper diagnostic battery tester and when I tested mine it came up, "battery good, recharge". I use my car most days for work but this was after the Christmas period and a lot of standing or stop start journeys. I suspect what you are saying is true Steve, the battery needs a good charging before the system recovers. I also have a Ctek charger so gave mine a little boost for a couple of hours which has made the starter noticeably faster.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Well, here we are again. After a week driving around Wales i-stop only functioned once. The car was booked into local dealer for checks. They rang back saying that the battery was only 65% charged, so i-stop would not function. They need to condition the battery and try again. Only then if it re occurs will they consider changing the battery. I would have thought that the alternator would have recharged the battery during a 400 mile run. The tech said that the battery is not a normal type, and needs a special type of charger to fully condition it if it has been allowed to run low.
All this after sitting idle for a couple of weeks. Just another piece of useless technology we are told that we cannot do without. In 18 months and 11000 miles it has saved an equivalent of 33 miles of petrol (not even 1 gallon, or £6). It will take more than that to take it back and forth to the dealer to get it fixed, what a load of sh1t.

Anybody else having really positive experiences of i-stop?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Over winter I was hardly ever able to use it on my commute to work as it was never 'ready'
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

mum@mazda wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm
Yes.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

mum@mazda wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 pm ...Anybody else having really positive experiences of i-stop?
Not had a problem with it; but during my ownership the car has not been left idle for a couple of weeks.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It certainly is a pile of poo compared to my old Alfa Giulietta. That worked all the time every time. Maybe the Mazda battery isn't as big as it's competitors. It certainly needs to be on maximum charge before it works.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

I've almost had mine for a moth now n works all the time. Last time i looked it was around 30 miles saved (ill have to check that tho) Noticed in mornings with a heavy electrical load it won't work unless i switch some stuff off. Usually blower off is enough if it's going full speed.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

No problems what-so-ever; it works just fine. I only wish I could adjust the time is stays in stop mode, seems a bit short to me; another minute would match many of the delays caused by most of the traffic lights I encounter.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

alanandlyn wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 am
No problems what-so-ever; it works just fine. I only wish I could adjust the time is stays in stop mode, seems a bit short to me; another minute would match many of the delays caused by most of the traffic lights I encounter.
I must have the wrong end of the stick about i-stop. I assumed the engine would cut in once the accelerator is depressed to get moving again after a short stopat red lights and suchlike.. Expecting my new CX in a couple of weeks :D
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals