New to Mazda

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gornam

Post by Gornam »

Hi All
New to all things Mazda, currently I have a 1 Series BMW.
I'm looking at purchasing a 2WD petrol Sport Nav, which seems to come pretty well spec'd. There doesn't appear to be a lot of options available, but are there any "must-haves" I should consider?
Is there a spare wheel option, or just the tyre repair kit?
Has anyone any experience of the Mazda Conditional Sale finance as this is appealing with 0% interest! Also the best discounts seem to be available with finance these days.
Is the Service package worth considering?
Thanks
Gornam

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HI Gornam,
Lots of questions, so I guess you will get lots of answers.
As far as I'm concerned the spec you get with the Sport Nav is perfect. Other options are down to your preferences
If you really want a discount why not try a pre registered car?
Mine had done 59 miles and I did a deal at almost £4k below the list price. £17,490 for the Sport Nav in Soul Red.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum. In answer to some of your questions :-

Spare wheel - there is a Mazda space saver kit comprising wheel, trunk panel, trunk mat and all required fixation parts which a dealer can order with a fitted tyre. Costs around £380 when I got mine this time last year. Some owners on this forum have gone down the route of purchasing a full size wheel and tyre, plus the other bits from Ebay or similar. Requires some alteration to the bolt which fixes down the wheel due to the larger wheel thickness compared to the space saver.

Options - some like me did think it was well worth getting the auto mirror folding option which closes the mirrors when walking away from the car after it has auto locked. Also the Safety Pack (Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and High Beam Control) I thought worth having. NB: There is an upgraded CX-3 model due out in the next month or so, in which case the options available will no doubt differ from those on the current one.

Service Pack - if you do decide to go for one, after comparing the price to what 3 yr services would cost (from memory, someone got the figures in 2015 totalling over near £800), please make sure what you are being offered is a Mazda UK one operated by EMac Ltd on their behalf and not a plan operated by the dealer. Otherwise you could find yourself in potential major problems should anything happen to your dealer during the 3yr plan period or were you to move somewhere not convenient to get back to that dealer for service.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Agree about servicing pack - can pay monthly for it! £690 total for the three annual services! For sport Nav 2.0 mt 2wd purchased this month from Victoria Park Motors Cardiff.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I bought mine using CarWow and saved a decent amount of money.

There is a spare wheel option parts depending whether you've the Bose system or not
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Sport Nav has Bose subwoofer in boot!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Gornam

Post by Gornam »

Many thanks for the replies so far.
Good point about pre-reg cars, I will check this out.
Sorry but I've now got some more questions!
I may be being dumb but confused on the space saver spare wheel kit. If the Sport has the sub woofer, will it still fit?
Can't find the folding mirror option on the Sport- is this still available?
I didn't realise that there was a new model imminent. Is it worth hanging on or is it just a minor update?
Many thanks
Gornam
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Auto folding mirror kit - Part Number: C850-V7-650A This is not a factory fit option, it's an accessory that requires your dealer to remove driver's side interior door panel and install wiring.

Temporary Spare Wheel Kit - Part Number: SPWH-KT-CX3BO Note two different kits, one for models with Bose subwoofer, and one for models without.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Gornam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm Many thanks for the replies so far.
Good point about pre-reg cars, I will check this out.
Sorry but I've now got some more questions!
I may be being dumb but confused on the space saver spare wheel kit. If the Sport has the sub woofer, will it still fit?
Can't find the folding mirror option on the Sport- is this still available?
I didn't realise that there was a new model imminent. Is it worth hanging on or is it just a minor update?
Many thanks
Gornam
Personally if it was me I'd wait for the 2017 model
Gornam

Post by Gornam »

Many thanks for the info- I didn't realise that these accessories were available.
As I'm in no rush I think hanging on for the new model makes sense.
Unless I come across a deal that's too good to miss of course....!