Front parking sensors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Thepensioner wrote:If anyone in uk has the mazda front sensors fitted .. does the switch only turn them off.. according to the instruction book the switch will turn them on again.. mine will only switch off and then i have to turn off engine and restart to activate them..have mine been wired wrong or faulty i wonder perhaps someone can put me right on it please.
Hi., I've not got them fitted on mine, but here's a quote from Scott's earlier post:
Silver19 wrote:...
- You can press the button to turn them off by holding the button until you get two audible beeps to confirm they are off and orange LED on the button will switch off. As far as I can see you cannot disable them totally as soon as you turn off and turn on the ignition they switch back on again.
- If the front sensors are off you press the button to turn them on and get one audible beep...
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

Thepensioner

Post by Thepensioner »

Well thats my problem pressing the button to turn on again does not work for me.. and the mazda dealer is no help so far.. .so just wondering if they are faulty or if they wired it wrong.. or the instruction book incorrect for uk.
So if someone does have mazda genuine f.p.s does the switch work to turn back on with 1 beep after using switch to turn off with 2 beeps.?
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

When I press the switch on mine I don't get any beeps but the light goes out (not fully - it still has a slight glow in the dark). If I then press the switch again the light comes on and I get a single beep. I didn't check to confirm the sensors were actually off when the light had gone out, will try next time. They are genuine front sensors fitted by a Mazda dealer prior to car collection.

Edit 26/09/16: Checked front sensors after pressing the switch to turn them off and can confirm they were actually off, it wasn't just the light going out on the switch :)
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Waynem

Post by Waynem »

Hmmm :shock: sounds simpler to crash and buy a new bumper :o :shock: :lol:
CX-3 Dynamic blue 2.0 petrol AWD sport nav manual :o
Thepensioner

Post by Thepensioner »

@st3v3cx-3

Took car into mazda dealer today with instruction book and mentioned what you said on yours.. 2 hours later they came to me and said all working now ..as they had wired them wrong in the first place.. having tested them they do work as you say but mine do beep 2 times to switch off and 1 beep to now finally switch on.. so thanks for your input as the dealer was slow in agreeing to fix.. but now have red faces .
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Excellent result. Glad to be of assistance. I thought mine did beep twice when switching off but apparently not, so my switch itself must be different or wired slightly differently? Also it looks like the central pair of sensors on my car aren't located in quite the same place as others, but there isn't a template shown in the instruction booklet so I guess each dealer's mechanics do their own thing :)

I just wish there was a way to adjust the sensor sensitivity, plus it would have been great if the switch had 3 settings - all off, central pair only on, all 4 on - so when I drive in my garage I could switch off the outer pair and still use the central pair of sensors to judge how close to park to the end wall! Without it I find the brick on the floor still has its uses :)
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Have just checked my front sensors and they work the same as st3v3cx-3 describes. Having rechecked the manual it does say 2 beeps when turning off but as they work I think I'll leave the wiring as is.
Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

Hi all,

Booked my car in for next Monday for fitting of front sensors to my CX3 Sport Nav so hoping it will be ok, have sent dealer some of the forums images showing where switch should go etc. just in case! I'll post some pics when done.

Unfortunately I lost an eye a few month back due to cancer so my judgement has suffered so i find it difficult to gauge distances so this will really help mean as I end up to far away from wall etc when i think I'm too close! ;)

Simon.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Simon DW,

I'm enclosing a pic of the location of the front sensors switch on my car. If you can get your garage to locate yours higher up / more inside, it might avoid the problem I get when I hit mine with my left knee when exiting the car in a tight space :( Would have thought there should be some fitting diagram that the mechanic can use, but going by the possible unusual positioning of the inside pair of sensors on my car - according to some posters comments - my now defunct dealer's mechanic didn't use it. Shame it can't be a factory, rather than a dealer, fitted option if placing an order imho.

Front sensor location 1.JPG

Front sensors switch location.JPG

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

You'd of thought they'd of put it where the blank is with the other switches. Can't say I'd of been impressed if my dealer had done that, words would of been said.