Front parking sensors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I had front sensors fitted by another manufacturer's dealer in the past and that switch was fitted in a similar weird position. Unfortunately in this case there weren't any cars in the showroom etc where I could see where the switch was likely to be placed. It is in a position where the light can be seen, whereas the other switches are almost completely obscured by the steering wheel, so on balance I can live with it.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

Had my sensors fitted today and the switch inside is much further to the Lt which means that i should not knock it when Im entering and exiting. Very happy with result, work really well and they automatically disable after 10mph then re-engage when speed drops below this. Orange led display shows when engaged. :-)

Simon.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Simon

Which brand did you have fitted?

Added how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking..

I really want to get a set fitted as I have no idea where the front of the car is....
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Simon DW wrote:Had my sensors fitted today and the switch inside is much further to the Lt which means that i should not knock it when Im entering and exiting. Very happy with result, work really well and they automatically disable after 10mph then re-engage when speed drops below this. Orange led display shows when engaged. :-)

Simon.
Glad to hear your knee won't be hitting the switch when exiting the car in tight spaces! I hadn't realised there was an automatic disabling feature when the car is moving over 10mph. I checked mine today and glad to find it works like that too. So it should prevent potentially unnecessary sensors bleeps when driving in heavy rain or snow (avoided both so far lol)

Mine cost £220 for parts (£120 according to the Mazda Accessories page) and labour combined.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Simon DW

Post by Simon DW »

Morning, I paid £378.00 with labour, they were Mazda ones I presume all colour coded to match the car.
snowflake

Post by snowflake »

Hi Simon,
Would you mind if you can post some image (front parking sensor) so that i'll have an idea to share with the dealer who will fit mine next Monday...thanks!
macachia

Post by macachia »

Hi, can we have a photo of the front sensors all fit? Do they look like the factory installed rear ones? Thanks :)
kzg1969

Post by kzg1969 »

Simon DW wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:50 pm Orange led display shows when engaged.
Hi, do you mean that you get proximity alerts in the screen - or just the button lights up?
2018 Eternal Blue 2.0 Sport Nav Auto
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

macachia wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:30 am Hi, can we have a photo of the front sensors all fit? Do they look like the factory installed rear ones? Thanks :)

Photos posted up earlier in this thread. See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=141&start=40#p3697
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

kzg1969 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:32 pm
Simon DW wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:50 pm Orange led display shows when engaged.
Hi, do you mean that you get proximity alerts in the screen - or just the button lights up?

Just an LED on the switch. Have a read of this post from earlier in the thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=141#p695
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd