Sat Nav Update

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Is there ever going to be one?

Free Updates for 3 years was a good selling point, but where is it, nothing this year so far
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

I've updated mine this year. Stick the SD card in your PC/Laptop and follow the instructions that came with the car and it will tell you if there is an update available - just make sure you set aside half a day to do it! :P
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Yes, I did the November update when I got the car in April (despite the dealer saying this would be done )

As you say it took forever to back up and download

We are now well overdue for your twice a year update
Armrest
Front Sensors
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Rockposer posted on the 29th June (if you do a search for Map Update you'll find the thread) :-

"Just spoke to someone on the phone from Mazda UK. There will be a map update within the next month. If you've signed up for updates on Mazda Toolbox you will get an email notification of new map available."

So now it's the 30th July that's a deadline Mazda have missed - and they are now about 3 and a half months late with the April spring update :(
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Still think the delay is because the 8gb cards are almost full
Armrest
Front Sensors
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I tried Toolbox again today and, lo and behold, there is still no update available. If I could have bought a Sport Nav without the Nav bit, and saved myself £600, I'd have gone for that option. My old stand alone Garmin Nuvi unit with free digital traffic and a lifetime map update (an extra I would have bought for additional £75) would have suited me just fine.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Just plugged my SD card in and Updated Mazda Tool Box, relieved my laptop of 7gb of backup files as Mazda now store that

Still no update for Nav though, guess they aren't going to bother with 2016
Armrest
Front Sensors
Yakuu

Post by Yakuu »

Well, the navi system here in Poland is pretty... decent. The coverage of roads is like... 75%? Not bad when compared to the Honda navi system, but I have to say that the maps are OLD - old points of speed cameras, old road restrictions (one-way ect.) and some names of the roads are simply wrong heh I have the car since last friday, dealer told me that it is the latest version of the maps but... judging from what you are writing here, I will need to double check it.
2016 - Soul Red - Mazda CX-3 2.0 AWD Sky Passion - Petrol - ArmRest - Navi - Chrome Fittings
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Dealer told me that they would update my Sat Nav to the latest maps before delivery, but didn't
There's no way they can as the SD card needs to be paired with the car by doing at least 65 miles first
So at least if you update it yourself you'll get the November2015 maps
Armrest
Front Sensors
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Peter55 wrote:Just plugged my SD card in and Updated Mazda Tool Box, relieved my laptop of 7gb of backup files as Mazda now store that

Still no update for Nav though, guess they aren't going to bother with 2016
I think I can confidently say there won't be a spring 2016 update at least!!! Think I'll send off a request to Mazda UK Customer Services asking when an update is expected and why the delay. Not expecting a useful answer though :(

Edit 09-08-2016: 'E-mail' sent via Mazda UK website. Will update with any answer received

Out of interest, when you did the new style backup that now backups data to their servers rather than your PC, did it ony take a few seconds rather than minutes? It only took about 10 or so seconds with mine which makes me think that now only the user content - e.g. user saved favourites - is being backed up. This would make sense as then if a restore were to be done the whole standard map data plus the backed up specific user content would be restored as a 2 stage process. I might get myself a new 8GB card one day just to try it out and satisfy myself the restore process works as it should before it might be needed for real.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.