First impressions!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
artist29

Post by artist29 »

Hi guys, had my CX-3 for a month now so thought I would give my first impressions! I've come down from a CX-5 so many of the ergonomics are the same but where as that car felt like sitting on my settee and driving my lounge around the CX-3 feels much more of a driver engaging car, I have the auto which I love but it is probably more suited to a manual box I guess! I've done a mixture of rush hour town driving and a few airport runs (M25) and getting an average of 39mpg which I think is not bad for a still tight petrol engine.

Things I miss from CX-5:- Electric seat adjustment, self dimming mirror, separate windscreen demister button. None of these are a big deal at the moment though!

Things I like:- Driving dynamics, easy parking, easier to clean (no step ladder involved)! overall looks inside & out.

The only thing that I find rather intrusive on this car is tyre roar but overall I have to say I'm loving it!

Nick
CX-3 SportNav Auto Petrol 2WD in Deep Crystal Blue with Stone leather

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Hi, I've had mine a year now and I'm still enjoying it. There is one thing I would change though, I'd swap the aircon for true climate control.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
artist29

Post by artist29 »

alanandlyn wrote:Hi, I've had mine a year now and I'm still enjoying it. There is one thing I would change though, I'd swap the aircon for true climate control.
After a year's ownership and a winter to go through I may well agree with you but since I've had the car (until today) the weathers been quite hot and the air con has worked fine! I might well miss the duel controls too as my wife always changed her setting to a lower temp. so could be a squabble coming up there!
CX-3 SportNav Auto Petrol 2WD in Deep Crystal Blue with Stone leather
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

alanandlyn wrote:Hi, I've had mine a year now and I'm still enjoying it. There is one thing I would change though, I'd swap the aircon for true climate control.
It is true climate control on a Sportnav.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

anchorman wrote:
No it's not; it pumps out freezing air when the A/C button is pressed. If you're right then it's rubbish compared to VW's - I've had Climate Control in my previous 3 cars and never had an A/C button.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Alan and Lynn:
Our Sport Nav only pumps out noticeably freezing cold air if the auto setting is manually over-ridden by turning the left dial to 15. Either (i), get it looked at, or (ii), we must have a different model to you as our AC works absolutely fine.

Artist29: Re "First Impressions"
Agree with all you say - including tyre noise (but a good Spotify playlist on the iPad through those Bose speakers soon drowns it). Coming up to a year of ownership, our one major fault (failed rear shocks) has been happily rectified under warranty. Our only other 'niggle' is that the front and rear plastic bumpers are noticeably getting darker when compared to the paintwork on the rest of the car. Has anyone else noticed the same colour change?
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

alanandlyn wrote:
anchorman wrote:
No it's not; it pumps out freezing air when the A/C button is pressed. If you're right then it's rubbish compared to VW's - I've had Climate Control in my previous 3 cars and never had an A/C button.
My two previous cars also had climate control and had an A/C button. The Sportnav does have climate control but I admit it's not as good as previous cars I've owned although it does blow very cold when necessary.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Most other cars with Climate Control have digital temp control

The Mazda with its dial is a bit vague to say the least, but liveable with
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Yes it would be preferable if it was like the Mazda 3 rather than the 2.

The MX5 and Fiat Spyder have the same controls
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

The climate control is rubbish. See other posts on the subject.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather