Front Dash Noise

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Hello Everyone,
My car is settling in now and I do love this vehicle.
I have noticed a vibrating noise from the dashboard, when I put the foot down. I think it from the left side but wife says its from the front centre. When I move my head left yes it's from the middle of the dash.
Any idea? It's only first developed.
Thanks.
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

They were known to creak right down the left side of the dash, where it meets the door and the glove box on mine had that many packers I had to push it shut with both feet. I also found that a CD left in the player but not being played would rattle.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
santa

Post by santa »

On mine the thin piece of leatherette running across the dashboard was creaking from time to time (I could also get it to creak if I pushed gently on the middle of it).
The deal took it off and put some foam behind it and that stopped it.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Thank you guys , I will investigate things if I can let the wife drive!!
Moura

Post by Moura »

Hi! My car is LHD and i'm getting some noises from the glove box... Have you guys the same problem with your RHD?
08/16 Crystal White CX-3, 1.5 SkyActiv Diesel, manual FWD - Excellence Navi
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

I had a really annoying creak above my head 6 months ago it was there from day one but it eventually started to drive me nuts, the dealer put some foam packing in and that seemed to fix it, however 6 months later it seems to be back and now there are creaks from the dash & passenger seat (when not in use). Thing is it's really difficult trying to locate the creaks from the drivers position specially as the source can be some distance away. I also think a sudden change in temperature can cause creaks, expansion/contraction. I'm going to wait a while then if it becomes too irritating I'll get back to the dealer, but right now I'm a bit tired of dealing with the dealer, after my aircon debacle!
Waynem

Post by Waynem »

You can get a full size shop mannequin on eBay... :D ....put this in front seat when not in use :shock: Problem solved :lol:
CX-3 Dynamic blue 2.0 petrol AWD sport nav manual :o
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Waynem wrote:You can get a full size shop mannequin on eBay... :D ....put this in front seat when not in use :shock: Problem solved :lol:
:lol:
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Two things to check before you go involving dealers are 1) the sunglasses holder and 2) the passenger seat belt knocking against the seat and pillar. I had both of these; stopped it and the noise went away. Oh and the sunglasses holder noise seems to come from anywhere but there!
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Yip! never thought sunglasses in an unlined holder could cause such a noise! Felt required. Don't you think designers would realise sunglasses on plastic would rattle??