Location of istop button

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Hi, does anyone else have trouble seeing the istop button and the status of the indication light? A tale to hopefully make you all smile...

Had stopped at the M6 toll booth last week, the istop had stopped the engine and the drivers door had to be opened (to retrieve dropped CC). When we went to drive off the car wouldn't move. Wasn't sure what the status of the gearbox was e.g in P with handbrake on or in N with handbrake on but plenty of angry drivers behind us before we managed to get the thing moving :?

The situation wasn't helped by not being able to see the istop button and what colour the light was.

Gus

Post by Gus »

No problems seeing mine, but open the door and it is restart from scratch as I understand it.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

MrMildrew wrote:Hi, does anyone else have trouble seeing the istop button and the status of the indication light?..
Are you perhaps referring to the engine start/stop button and its inbuilt light; which tends to be obscured by the steering wheel?

On the European models, if the driver's seat belt is unfastened and the driver's door is opened, for safety reasons, i-stop will not restart the engine. The amber i-stop light in the instrument cluster will light up. In such cases, as Gus says in his post above, you have to start the engine using the normal start/stop button method. Not always obvious what to do at the time though is it :oops:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Thanks Gus & jtonline for your replies, yes was referring to the light with is difficult to see because of the light/indicator stalk and steering wheel. As you say it is not easy to remember in the heat of the moment.