Snow on the ground.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

OK, I'm on a CX-5 now but it's the same AWD system. I rigged mine up with winter tyres and last night on the way home from work they came into their own. The Peak District was littered with struggling cars but thankfully not enough to block the road. I drove up some very steep roads and around these cars to get home near enough normally with only minor indications on the dash that the system was intervening. I buy winter tyres and separate wheels for this very reason and while I sometimes question the cost, I certainly felt it was worth every penny last night.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

A fair bit of snow and ice where I am. First drive in these conditions. I've not got AWD nor winter tyres but the car handled very well.
santa

Post by santa »

I always buy seperate wheels and winter tyres for my cars and I usually have them on my car from late october/start november until easter.
And it's not more expensive (except for the one time buy of the wheels), because You save on Your summer tyres.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

santa wrote:I always buy seperate wheels and winter tyres for my cars and I usually have them on my car from late october/start november until easter.
And it's not more expensive (except for the one time buy of the wheels), because You save on Your summer tyres.
Exactly, its just the initial outlay and with mine, I bought the wheels off eBay and they had come from a CX-5 with loads of tread so I ran them from last spring with those tyres at no cost. The only downside is that I’m dying to see my SportNav with the original black/diamond cut wheels!!!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
santa

Post by santa »

anchorman wrote:
santa wrote:I always buy seperate wheels and winter tyres for my cars and I usually have them on my car from late october/start november until easter.
Exactly, its just the initial outlay and with mine, I bought the wheels off eBay and they had come from a CX-5 with loads of tread so I ran them from last spring with those tyres at no cost. The only downside is that I’m dying to see my SportNav with the original black/diamond cut wheels!!!
I got my winter wheels and tyres as part of the deal when I bought the car .
I'm, also looking forward to spring.
The CX-3 drives (and looks) so much better on the 18" compared to the 16" :D
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.